Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Siiggghhhh*
Alright, for 3 months now I have been having this problem. I've tried everything I can think of...Alright, heres whats been happening:

About 3 months ago all of the sudden my mouse just...turned off. I would just casually be browsing the web, or playing games, and my mouse would just start blinking on and off, and about a minute later it would just shut off completely. I didn't click anything or mess with the setting. Then, the whole computer would sieze up. I have to hit Ctrl+alt+delete(God bless you little friend :D ) and after about 30 seconds the task manager window pops up. I see "Msgsrv32 [Not Responding]"
Well, I end task and my computer starts to work again. Everything but the mouse. It just sits there. Lifeless.

This happens every time I start up my computer. My mouse works for about 10 minutes. 20 minutes If I am lucky. I've tried everything to stop this, but nothing seems to work.
I found a virus on my computer named "do.exe" which I deleted but that didn't solve anything...Somebody...HELP :confused: !

Computer Specs:
Dell Dimension 8100
Windows ME
128 MB RDRAM
Microsoft Optical Wired Mouse

Already Tried:
-Updating Norton/Scanning
-Using Norton Ghost to take my computer back to be like the day we got it.
-Updating Drivers
-Reinstalling Windows

Another theory is this all started with the game "Command and Conquer: Renegade" I installed it 2 years ago and it made my computers sound screw up and lag...so bad I redid the whole Hard Drive. This all started around the time I reinstalled C&C: Renegade...probably not the best Idea...The game is uninstalled and the CD is now destroyed :mad: .

·
Registered
188 Posts
check for a short in the wires.

Also, did you update the correct driver?

You may also want to turn the option off that automatically shuts down the USB. I am pretty sure it is in the device manager under USB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.