Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an ASUS RT-AC68U router and I would like to be able to allow, in this case my son, to upload his family video's to my router. I have added a USB external drive to the router for this purpose but not sure of the way to set it up. Obviously I want to set security options so that whoever uploads to it will not have access to anything else.

I am aware of the ASUS AiCloud and FTP server but would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thank you in advance
Vic

·
Super Moderator
46,558 Posts
I use a linksys router however the procedure should be basically the same. Connect your drive to the usb port on your router; pw ON the drive. Go to your router's config page. I think asus is the same as linksys; you type 192.168.1.1 into the browser; input your router pw. You should have a section for external storage. There you will set whatever permissions you want ie who can access the drive, what they can do, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi crjdriver

Thank you for your reply.

I've read it through a few times now (The manual) and think I'm ok with it. Just wanted to make sure and whether the options I've chosen are the best way to go. Will give it a go. Btw I use to have a Linksys for years and had no problems with it but needed to update last October and ended up with the ASUS.

Thanks again
Regards
Vic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.