Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with a memory upgrade in my Dell Dimension XPSb 800r that causes strange artifacts or a lock up when I am playing a game.

I was told to upgrade all of my drivers (video, motherboard, HD, etc.) to the latest versions as well as Windows because there has been stuff about Win9x not handling memory over 128 very well.

My question is how do I figure out where to get the drivers for the motherboard? I am not even sure exactly the make model of it. I look in the properties box of in the system configuration box and it doesnt really tell me what i need to know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
yeah, they should help you at the dell website. otherwise, bust open your cover and take a look inside. It should tell you the make and model somewhere, maybe in the bottom center. If you find the fcc id you can look it up here at the fcc data base. That id is somewhere on the board, usualy by the expansion slots. Then you can go to their site and get the updates. I guess that is just if you don't get anywhere at the dell site. Dell has good customer support, they should be able to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.