Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am only coming to you guys because 1. You've given me good and prompt tech support in the past and 2. my current web host tech support isn't responding to me.

Here's my problem. While navigating my website (i have all the works -- Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc.) i run into errors on some pages that give me a 403 error. I am running a video gaming site for my gaming community and I am unable to fix these errors and continue making my website. I have PHPNuke 7.5 Patched installed on the webserver along with Vwar Nukeport Hi-Wire. I run into problems specifically in three places I've gone to. On the Your Account module, when I try to update a profile, I get the error. I also get the error on vwar in 2 places -- one when trying to add an opponent team and again when i try to add a gametype. I do remember accidently deleting my .htaccess file a while back, but I don't know if that affected anything. My site is http://unitygaming.net/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Might be a nuke problem. Are these pages to do with nuke? or are they different html/php pages?

Can you link us to the pages?

also, make sure they are in public_html.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay i've done some reinstalling and things like that, and after dropping all the tables from nuke patched and installing regular nuke 7.5, I'm still getting the problem on a fresh install. Now I've eliminated the possibility that the nuke files are the problem. I've also tried the site on different computers with different browsers with different accounts and im still getting forbidden on the "your_account" module, leading me to believe it's happening not just to me. Now I'm wondering if it's the database, web host, or config.php file that's faulty. I doubt it's the webhosting company since why would the same error be occuring on the same pages every time? Here's my db info -- tell me if I did anything wrong.

dbName = nukedb
dbUser = sauer

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "sauer";
$dbpass = "******";
$dbname = "nukedb";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 3;
$subscription_url = "";
Strangely, there is no public_html for my webhost. I found the default index page under httpdocs and once i uploaded everything there, it worked just fine.

And all those pages had to do directly with nuke. Now that I've done a fresh install I see the problem is occuring right at the start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.