Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Win 2K Pro system; have firewall active and other security measures in place, including Ad-Aware (which is wonderful). My problem is the "unwanted e-mail...Spam..." that I receive addressed to my e-mail account @AOL. I would wager to say that my e-mail address is "captured" when I visit certain websites, though I surf with Internet Explorer 6.0. Is there a method to keep my e-mail address from being "captured" when I surf? Thank you, [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
37,523 Posts
Hiya

Well, it may not get your actual full email address but surfing with Java can give out very personal stuff. Going to the following site will give out your SMTP address, as well as other stuff.

In fact, this site is just interesting to see what you actually leak out all the time

http://www.leader.ru/secure/who.html

Regards

eddie

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
AOL is notorious for this. Your e-mail address is "captured" every time you visit a chat room or do pretty much anything else on AOL. It's the nature of the beast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.