Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an interesting night a few nights back. My computer, which has not given me any issues since I built it last year, finally gave me my first blue screen of death. My computer was showing no signs of any problems what so ever when I went to reboot it. When it rebooted it got to the windows load screen and crashed and gave me an unmountable_boot_volume error stop: 0x000000ED. So I did a little research for a few hours and decided to give the windows CD a try to either do a full re install or see if I could repair it. That gave me problems too, it loads a bunch of drivers and such and the second it hits "starting windows" portion of the install it crashes yet again and this time gives me stop: 0x0000007B. After all that I just decided to buy a new hard drive and start from scratch but when I go to install windows it crashes at the same exact point and gives me the same 0x0000007B code. Anyone have any ideas? Seems like I'm really sunk on this one.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Here is a MS article on troubleshooting. If you're having the same error with a new hard drive, the problem may be your motherboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.