Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, our emachines (don't laugh) T2682 mobo and power supply died.

I pulled the WD 80gb hdd and want to use it as an external drive to access the files (didn't back up data when it was in the dead emachines). I put it in a Compusa external drive case - which works great - but I have a slight problem.

My 14 year old daughter locked her files and her user account was password protected and now we can't access her folders.

The T2682 was running Win XP Home. I have two other machines at home running the same OS.

I know some basics of getting around inside the box and some tricks with the OS, but can't figure out how to crack this nut. I tried to install the WD 80gb hdd in another machine - an older Dell and an even older emachines - and boot from the drive but it didn't work (what I'm guessing is bios / config issues).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

·
Administrator
123,520 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSG,

I'm sorry but as there is no way for us to verify the situation, it's best that we do not get involved with helping to access someone else's password protected files. I'm sure you will understand that posting that type of information would assist people that have both good and bad intentions.

Thank you for understanding and as there is nothing further we can do here, I'm closing this thread. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.