Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have NAV 2004 installed. Two weeks ago, updated it using LiveUpdate, and it has ceased to operate. Purchased NAV 2007, tried to install it, but NAV 2007 directs me to uninstall NAV 2004 using Add/Remove Programs. I have tried to uninstall NAV 2004 using Add/Remove Programs, to no avail.

I am aware that I could use Norton's Removal Tool, but I am assuming that this would also uninstall Norton Partition Magic 8.0 -- and I've lost the installation CD (moved twice since then) for Partition Magic 8.0. Does anyone know of a way to uninstall NAV 2004, but leave Partition Magic 8.0 intact? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tony

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
I would take a look at the 'tool.' You may be able to select what you want removed. S/N has changed itd recommended removal procedure many times. Below is the link to their currently recommended "tool.' It may or may not be the one you have in mind.

Having made a removal attempt otherwise may compromise the operation of the 'tool.' S/N has another 'tool' that is supposed to overcome encounterted problems with the primary 'too.'
So it goes with S/N!! They really don't want their "stuff" removed.
{redoak}

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I second the above by Redoak. Get rid of Norton using their site's removal tool.
Use any of several other AV programs.....AVG, Avast, AntiVir. They all use a lot less resources and still do a good job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.