Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have windows vista on my dell latitude d620 laptop and i would like to go back to xp but not shure how to do that . Whats the besy way ? iI have a xp disk and i have my drivers on disk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have windows vista on my dell latitude d620 laptop and i would like to go back to xp but not shure how to do that . Whats the besy way ? iI have a xp disk and i have my drivers on disk.
Put in your Windows XP disk and then reboot, and then follow the instructions - You may have to hit enter (or any other key) when it wants you to, to start off of the CD.

Once the set up has loaded, you might be prompted with something that says you have to make a partition; delete the Windows Vista partition and make a new, and install Windows XP on that.

If you can't boot from the CD, then you will want to go to the BIOS and set up the boot thingy to check if CD is bootable before booting from your harddisk.

I hope you understand what I am saying, if not, then let me know, and I will try explain it simpler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a disk that came with my other laptop its a dell also so . ive used it before but not on this one. it says its a reinstallation cd windows xp home svc pack 2

·
Trusted Advisor
17,572 Posts
its a disk that came with my other laptop its a dell also so . ive used it before but not on this one. it says its a reinstallation cd windows xp home svc pack 2
This CD is to be used ONLY on the machine it came with. You need to go out and buy yourself a copy of XP. You might even try getting it from Dell as it MAY have the required drivers you will need for this new machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive used it before on a dell latitude but it was a couple of years older. the disk came from a inspiron 1100 the only problem i came across was the drivers. which i put on disk. i just thought it would work on my latitude d620. ohh my latiude has an opperating system off a dell dimension . it did have xp on it but the guy that i got it from had it so messed up . and its the only disk i had. bit I know youknow best so ill buy me a new disk ten ill be back. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.