Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoops! I didn't realize what I was getting my computer into by loading this software. Now that I realize that it chokes the system resources and causes all sorts of conflict, I don't need it in my system. Of course the program came without an uninstall and a whole set of new dll's loaded into the Windows\System . Anybody have an idea on how to remove this program in short of re-formatting the HD. HELP!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think if I were you I would restart the computer, hold down the control key until the menu appears, Select the C: prompt option.

Type in:

scanreg /restore

It should list about 5 dates. Choose a date before the install when windows was running well. Restore at that point.
:up:

·
Trusted Advisor
86,014 Posts
D_H:

That's one of the big differences between Windows 98SE and Windows XP - all the graphic eye candy. If you've got an old computer with a slow processor and limited RAM, all that extra eye candy will place a hit on overall performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After you restart in DOS mode and go to a command prompt and do a

SCANREG /RESTORE

(Note: Don't select the registry copy with the oldest date)

do a find of files and folders on

*.DLL

When the list appears, look for the ones that are associated with that program, then delete them. You might also do the same with

*.VXD

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.