Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm writing this because I am currently unable to upload an (any) image to deviant art. It loads and tries until it gives me an error message, while other popular image upload sites such as Photobucket and Imageshack, and other forums whose features allow me to upload an image just try to load until after a few minutes a white screen with a url that would normally bring me back to the default page.

I am using Firefox, and have tried on Internet Explorer. I am using Windows XP.

Could someone help me with this problem?

·
Registered
285 Posts
what does the error message on deviant art say? it might (possibly) be helpful in understanding what is causing the problem with the other program.

one possible problem is that your picture might be too large. what image are you attempting to upload? (ie, resolution and size)

I once had a problem uploading a picture to places, and the compined res as WELL as the size made it not work. A site might say that it can take up to a 5MB file, but it turned out while my file was under the 5MB size limit, the resolution (something over 2000 x something) AND the file size caused it to not work, so I reduced the size to something smaller (1900 x something) and it worked fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a jpeg at arond 220kb, far below what the site can normally handle, the dimensions are 550x700.
Its nothing spectacularly difficult. So size, file type, and dimensions aren't the usual problems. Even trying to upload a black pixel results in this long wait.

I had a complete system recovery just two days ago, and I had barely gone on the internet save some trusted sites. This was occuring for 2 days before my system recovery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hmm, extremely strange... does this only happen with image files? can you upload anything else anywhere? (video, zip, etc) can you attach images to places like here, or do you get the same exact problem?

also, what did the error state for deviant art?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sending requests.... nope, cant upload an image file here either.
Zips to no avail either.
Perhaps it has something to do with my connection?

Edit: I google'd earlier and I came up with a guy with the same problem, couldn't upload to devart, photobucket, or imageshack. That was 1-2 years ago. The thread was never fully answered.

[-----]
Mozilla Firefox Deviant Art
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
[-----]

Okay, before (and now in IE), it says 4 reasons to as why it might be freaking out, Deviant Art is under high load and I timed out, there was a server error, settings of my privacy controls or fire wall, or I have installed an ad blocker/anti-virus.

The site's total images increases, meaning people do not share my problem.

·
Registered
285 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.