Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem connecting my laptop (Win Me) to my workstation (W2K SP2) with a direct cable between the computer's parallel ports. However, The W2K workstation will not allow my laptop to reconnect at a later time after I have disconnected. For example: I connect successfully. When I'm finished transferring files, etc. I disconnect the guest compter (laptop) from the host (W2K) by clicking on the disconnect button in the Direct Cable Connection Window on the laptop. If, later, I attempt to connect again the attempt fails. The laptop displays a message saying it cant find the host computer. The only way to resolve this problem is to re-boot the W2k workstation. After a re-boot I can connect. Only re-booting the laptop does not resolve this problem. The problem is with the W2K workstation. Having to re-boot every time I want to transfer files from my laptop to my workstation is ridiculous. The event viewer does not log an error. This problem occurs no matter which user is logged on to the workstation. (Administrator or regular user) Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.