Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post and I hope I will make my self clear to you.

I am using Windows XP and a malware hit my system. It is "windows Antivirus Pro" 3 days ago.

Now some of the files which I modifies after its attack turned into green in color and I am unable to open it. I am also unable to run any .exe files as well as any command from RUN like regedit or some thing else.

I have downloaded "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" and scanned my HDD with the help of another system. Yet those files are GREEN in color and I cannot open it.

Can some one please tell me what to do with those files (there are many like .xls .doc .pdf ....)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I was trying to find help fast as I am pretty much stuck here.
Yes, I have posted it in CNET also.
Thanks for your reply.

I am able to run .exe files. But still I am unable to open any files which are green in color.

The scenario was, I got this system from an another person who used it before me. When ever I try to modify few .doc / .xls they turned into green. I was able to open them until 2 days ago. Now all the files .doc .xls and even .pdf turned int o green and I am unable to access them.

Do you know, what might have happened? and what can I do in-order to restore all the files and access them.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.