Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have jsut set up new broadband connection with BT broadband. Everytime that i try and log on to a secure site i automatically get taken to a search engine called Bela search. I have tried to restrict this site using IE security settings but that does not work. I downloaded adaware, i ran this program which solved the problem of bela search, now when i try an log on to secure sites i get the message `cant display page`.

I then restored my computer to an earlier date and am now back to square one, Bela search. PLEASE if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You may be better served by asking for this issue to be moved to the Security Forum.

While you're waiting for help, browse through the posts + download Hijack This and AVG-ANTISPYWARE (free) from one of the links in the Security forum.

If you can have a log ready to post for one of these guys, it'll speed things up for you.

These guys are experts, but they are all volenteers (i think) + they get fairly snowed under with the work-load.

I think you need 128bit encryption to access secure sites. To see if you have, in IE, go Help - About Internet Explorer.

If you only have 64bit, you will need to update it.

DO NOT TAKE ANY ACTION UNTIL ONE OF THE EXPERTS HAS ADVISED YOU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.