Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new computer with Windows XP and sometimes I get a message that says "unable to load graphics conversion filter". Does anyone know why this does this and how to fix it? I am a real rookie about these things so any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
When does this message occur? Just randomly or when you open a particular program, file, or file type?

Also, what operating system are you using? XP Pro XP Home, 2000...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it randomly. I have XP home. The attachment I was opening was a word pad attachment and at the top it said "Microsoft Word 97 Conversion". Really do appreciate your help with this. LJM

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
From what I've gathered from google searches and other forums, you probably don't have Microsoft Office Word installed - I would suggest getting it! :)

This error occurs when you try to open a document that was formatted for Microsoft Word. Windows Wordpad can't convert the document to open, but getting Microsoft Word should solve the problem.

Please post results/questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.