Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LG GSA-H10N dvd burner which I'm having trouble erasing re-writable discs (dvd and cd both). Occurs in more than one program (nero and alcohol). I'm am able to burn CDR's and DVD's no problem. I've tried swapping this drive to another computer, used the same software and it worked fine. I have updated the firmware to the most recent version.

so....

obviously there's a system driver somewhere which is the issue....

any suggestions as to what I look for.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Alcohol 60/120% can cause issues. You may wish to unmount any virtual drives created by it and uninstall and then retry Nero. Also Nero includes INCD that handles the formatting and accessing of CD/DVD-RW 's from outside of the main Nero program. Have you tried using that? And are you up-to-date on both programs: http://www.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html

·
Registered
550 Posts
Everytime I have dealt with RW discs I run into problem so I stopped using/supporting them years ago - biggest problem was the time to format and the fact that you could burn on one pc and take the disc to another and totally lock it up beyond recover without a cold reboot....

With the price of cd-r discs nowadays - Who needs that RW headache, right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have virtual drives setup so that can't be the issue. I didn't bother trying incd as I wouldn't use that normally. I'm thinking in terms of any system drivers that may need re-installing.

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
You would need Incd or some other program to format cdrw's and I agree with idowindows, cdrw's are so easily corruptable, I stopped using them years ago. Such a waste of time to format a cdrw and use it 5 times and then have everything on it corrupted. I tried every type of cdrw including Iomega pre-formatted cdrw's which were the best but eventually went South too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a sidenote to this issue. I noted that when using nero's infotool on one computer the dvd gets recognized properly as a dvd-rw. On this computer however it incorrectly shows the disc as a dvd-rom.

As far as using re-writeables go. I've never had a problem with them, unless they get scratched of course. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.