Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this problem is really hurting my head:

I don't know what I did, but I can't access all servers that belongs to citicorp (i.e. www.citibank.com, www.citicards.com, etc) on my laptop. I keep on getting the "Page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS Error". I used to be able to, but suddenly it just stopped.

When I tried to ping the server with MS-DOS Prompt, I got 4 connection time outs.

It's not the connection problem, because I used another computer with the same ISP and it connected to the server.

I tried upgrade my IE from 5.01 to 6, and then downgrade to 5.5, and I tried viewing the site on Netscape, and it still doesn't work. I don't think it's the browser's fault.

I can access any other servers besides the citicorp ones.

I don't have any excess wsock32.dll files, and I replace the wsock.dll file with a new one through the system file checker. It didn't work, so I guess that wasn't the problem either.

I cleared my entire Temporary Internet Files for about 20 times already. Didn't work.

There is one thing I did before this problem arose; I deleted all the Cookies in the c:\windows\cookies. Is it ok to do that?

This problem happened to me before, and the tech support at citicards.com was no help at all; she said that the servers were up and running and the bandwidth is low. But I still wasn't able to access the site until I upgraded my browser. When I downgrade my browser, though, I continue to be able to access the sites.

Can anyone help me? :( you can email me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.