Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought an Acer laptop and I tried to download a utitlity from the Acer website. It has downloaded successfully, but I am unable to delete the file/folder it keeps saying 'you need permission to perform this task' at this point I click continue, however a couple of seconds later it says try again and it never deletes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
H:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are most likely not logged in as an administrator and it is not allowing you to delete files or you don't have the right permissions.

This tutorial might help:
Hi mate,

thanks alot for the reply. I am the only user of the computer and it only has one user account which is mine:(.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
it might be that the folder you are trying to delete is being used by an open program or is open in the system tray.to check open task manager (right click taskbar) and check under processes and if the program using the folder is listed there then simply end process, but be careful that it is the right one. if you scrol acros it should lidt the programs.then go back and tryt again

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate,

I have restarted the machine to no avail its still the same even right after boot up. I wish I could just leave things alone!! Anyone else got any ideas?

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.