Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with Internet Explorer 6. Don't know if it's due to missing or corrupted files, but I only have access to most sites after clicking refresh, once, twice or more. Also, when I finally get access, some pictures aren't displayed. At the first try, there's the classic message, "the page can't be displayed". Sometimes, even the refresh doesn't work. Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Internet Explorer 6.0. Does anyone have a hint? I've already tried sfc / scannow, without success.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
is the pc running very slow

how are you connected to the network - dialup or broadband

do you have a virus / spyware scanner

·
Registered
203 Posts
After you check for viruses and adware, you might also want to delete all your internet cookies and tempory internet files. There may be a corrupted file causing a problem.

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
zaiter said:
I'm having problems with Internet Explorer 6. Don't know if it's due to missing or corrupted files, but I only have access to most sites after clicking refresh, once, twice or more. Also, when I finally get access, some pictures aren't displayed. At the first try, there's the classic message, "the page can't be displayed". Sometimes, even the refresh doesn't work. Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Internet Explorer 6.0. Does anyone have a hint? I've already tried sfc / scannow, without success.
I find this helpful... to sort out most IE problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.