Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have set up a PC I had to replace one of my cable boxes (costs more then it's worth) . Anyway so this is my issue, I had to run around all over to find one that would let me watch a show and record another at the same time. I found the TVW650USB at our local "Future Shop" it even says "Dual Tuner" on the box so I bought it and this is how I have it hocked up (let me knows if I messed up ):

I have the cable form the wall to the port on the box labeled "CATV/FM" then the USB to the PC (duh).

Anyway so I set up media center (vista x86) and after LOTS of rigging this thing up to work with good sound and video on my 6 or so year old TV everything works. But I still can't record and watch at the same time. I'm at my wits end if any of my fellow tech guys have any ideas I would be forever thankful.

Well so I don't have to answer this questions the other ports on the tuner are a coax labled "DTV" and some normal RCA.

anyway thanks.

EDIT:
if I only plug into the "DTV" port I get no sound or video.

·
Super Moderator
74,177 Posts
it even says "Dual Tuner" on the box
But I still can't record and watch at the same time
I am not sure I can help but I am trying to understand your exact problem. Are you trying to watch one channel while recording another channel or are you trying to record one channel while watching something you had previously recorded?

I don't see anything in the product features or specifications that say the unit can receive different programs from the analog and digital tuners at the same time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where on the box does it say "Dual Tuner?" I've looked at the specs on the website and the image of the box and I don't see it anywhere. It does say "Record and play at the same time." It sounds to me like it can only recieve one show at a time. Maybe "Dual Tuner" means that it has both digital and analog tuners?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.