Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a machine running Vista Ultimate on an AMD 2.4ghz with 2gb ram and I am using two Hauppague HVR-1600 cards.

My inquiry is because I can receive more channels and a clearer signal if I plug my antenna into the tv directly rather than the tuner cards. Things like PBS and other OTA content come in crystal clear through the tv, but for some reason the tuner cards don't pick up the same signal strength, and can only bring in digital tv...is there a way to solve this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
sound like to me you have a digital tv card for your pc and you tv isnt digital and could well be the reason for this ( if you live in the uk? ) not all areas have gone digital yet so you might not be getting the signal which is why your not getting much on your pc tv card ... are you liveing in the uk? are you on cable? or have an aireal on top of your house?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the US, and the tv is HDTV and receives all the digital channels when I plug it in to the tv directly. But when I go through the tuner cards, some of the channels drop off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.