Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just resiently reinstalled windows xp from a clean install, I have a p4 2.8, 512mb g- force 5200 fx, system.
I have tryed to play Hitman 2 which my system whips *** at by the spec. When you get 10 mins into it a blue screen comes up saying about turning off shadowing.
My bios is " award modular v6" I cant see anywhere in it where it says about shadowing! I belive this should solve the prob but only if i can find it!!
Please help cos its driving me nuts lol
Many thanks
Ian
(chudders)
:)

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Squashman said:
Would probably help to know the make and model of your Computer, Motherboard and Video card.
Chudders,

Download and execute Everest Free from: http://www.lavalys.com

It will inform you about all of your hardware that Squashman asked for.

-- Tom

·
Registered
86 Posts
Several things:
1. I've played Hitman 2 for PC and it's notorious for crashing. For me, there was no blue screen, the game just closes and took me back to desktop. This of course, was more than 1 year ago.
2. I've troubleshooted problems before related to 3D games suddenly freezing or crashing for seemingly no reason. In those cases, it wasn't the graphics card, mobo, power supply, memory, or drivers... it was service pack 2 for one case (rf online), and file fragmentation for the other case (world of warcraft).
3. Look for a game patch if you haven't already
4. And just incase it IS drivers, get the latest drivers for your graphics card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.