Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i messed up my desktop by downloading a really bad virus that created millions(maybe event billions) of empty folders on my C drive that was numbered. So i have a bootable flash drive that i used to reformat the desktop but i accidently turned off the power on the computer( i was watching tv and waiting for it to install and my bro shoots me with his nerf gun and startles me and i kicked the power button and it turned off) so when i turn it on i, it hangs on the first screen. I can press tab to go into bios and del to go into setup but when i do it gets stuck on the POST screen. If i wait and dont press del or tab and then press them, nothing happens. any help guys?

·
Super Moderator
65,960 Posts
have you gone to the bios and set the USB as boot device and boot off the USB again ?

·
Super Moderator
16,266 Posts
Start tapping the DEL key as soon as you power it on, that should get you into (Bios)Setup.

·
Trusted Advisor
86,019 Posts
Ok so i messed up my desktop by downloading a really bad virus that created millions(maybe event billions) of empty folders on my C drive that was numbered. So i have a bootable flash drive that i used to reformat the desktop but i accidently turned off the power on the computer( i was watching tv and waiting for it to install and my bro shoots me with his nerf gun and startles me and i kicked the power button and it turned off) so when i turn it on i, it hangs on the first screen. I can press tab to go into bios and del to go into setup but when i do it gets stuck on the POST screen. If i wait and dont press del or tab and then press them, nothing happens. any help guys?
You can't accidentally kick the power button of a desktop and have it turn off. You have to push in and hold the power button in for 4 - 5 seconds before it'll turn off.

Can you be more specific as to exactly what happened?

---------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*bump*

oh here is a bit more detail..... There is a LED light next to a picture of a cylinder(?) on the physical desktop itself. It is usually blinking blue (or was it green) but now it blinks RED

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.