Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to turn off the ads in Quickbooks Pro 2004?
When Intuit contacted me to upgrade to the 2004 version, I told them I didn't want the ads. They assured me that the ads (and there are many) could be turned off. What they failed to mention is that there is nothing in the help menu, or in their online tech support to show you how to turn them off.
You get NO free tech support for the product, so calling Intuit to ask would cost $80. I think the whole thing stinks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They appear on every screen in the form of "Featured Services" and hyperlinks, such as "Learn about mailing invoices through Quickbooks." These links take you to a pitch for Intuit services.

·
Registered
158 Posts
neophiliac:
Have you tried looking in the options menu or view menu? There should be somthing in there to let you chose which screen elements you want shown.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The only thing I can think of would be the navigator windows which contain short cuts to various tasks for each section, they're not really ads at least not like the ones that flash in your face like on websites.

Anyways if this sounds like what you describe then go to Edit/Preferences menu, with the "my Preferences" tab selected click on "Desktop view".

Uncheck the box for : Show Company Navigator....

This will prevent the window from poping up on startup, while in QB use the butons at the top not the Nav buttons on the side if this is what you want.

That's the only thing I can see that resembles what you describe, hope it helps?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.