Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on a TSG logo that I would like you all to see. Currently it is part of my desktop wallpaper but would like you all to comment on it. Let me know good or bad.
Thanks Dave

Edit: Spun the globe per Lurkers suggestion. Sorry Topaz would love to have animated gif for the rotating globe but not in my knowledge base yet!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hey Dave thats great. I like the way you have the two computers joining with the arrows that go around the globe.
What program did you use to make it?
:cool:

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lisa
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner however I was trying to color match the background of TSG. Tsg does not accept Tiff images so I had to play. Unfortunatly I have to do it remotely and then upload to Geocities then edit TSG to see if I am close.
What a treat. Anyway the program used for this logo is Microsoft Photodraw 2000 which I use for web page graphics also.
Dave

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
davey7549,

Great looking TSG Logo.

I think the Logo here is a .gif so I saved the ? logo as a .gif and this is a color Palette I got on it.
It shows the the info you can copy.

Hey what you do to the TSG Logo?
I can't copy it without getting junk.
So what format is the TSG Logo?
It says it is a .txt.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hewee
The logo is actually a jpeg on the website where it is loaded and it is only named a txt file for allowing "save as" and "hyperlink" capabilities.
My browser when I click on it allows me to save it as a bmp only.
Kind of confusing but that is what I have to do to have a free place to put my pictures on for linking to.
Dave

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
You should be able to link to get with the code.

[URL]http://forums.techguy.org/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode#imgcode[/URL]

I only get options to save as text, .html or All files. So I add the .gif, .jpg, .tif, .bmp to the name. But I only get junk.
Look at what I get attach. This is the same no matter what format I save-as.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Nice job Dave

Saves as a .jpg just fine for me :)

buck

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Dave,

That ROCKS................good job, I like the spherical effect of the text across the center.

hewee,

You're past the 100 mark, I guess you've found a home here. :)

DS

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Dave thats great... I like it.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to thank you all for all the nice comments concerning the Logo. It is the least I could do for my friends and partners who help others without question. You all can proudly wear the logo as a medallion to your efforts you have given. TechSupportGuy (Mike and the original crew) envisioned and have promoted here a standard of excellence of giving that few other sites have. We all should be proud of them and what they have accomplished.
This spirit has allowed us to carry on in the same tradition.
I am certainly proud of all of you and am proud to work along side you all to carry on what all before have strived to create.
Dave

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Hi Dave
Nice logo. A little slow loading at my home (with a dial up modem). One question. I think most of our members are in the US or England and the site is in the US, so why does the globe show the other half of the world. :confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Excellent job Dave, I like it! Will Techguy be displaying it on this site forthwith? It ought to be on here.

Originally posted by davey7549
Lurker
Good point! When I was creating it I never gave thought to that.
Time to spin the globe.
Dave
One thing though, could you tilt the globe upwards just a teeny little bit so that we Down Under can see that we belong too? :cool: We're kinda a bit .... invisible!

Just kidding!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.