Tech Support Guy banner
4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Evening all
Just stopping to see what's going on.
I've been raking leaves on and off over the last week. Fridays are pickup days so its a race to collect while some trees drop and some trees are not quite ready.... Just waiting till next week to make me get out and do it again...I'm venting about the weather again.

I hope you all are doing well.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Hi Folks, :)

Hi Jim, :)

I put my leaves on the compost but haven't used the compost for years, it's usually full of worms also.
We get a week of sunny days & a week of wet ones this month.

·
Trusted Advisor
129,039 Posts
G'day folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Well, it is official. The temps have dropped precipitously now, had frost on the windshield last night. Great sleeping weather! Football season well underway and we're staring Thanksgiving in the face ... Christmas, here we come! ;-)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts

Evening Mark, :)

Sounds like Winter is on it's way there,
we're having downpours again here & dams up north are flooding as much water of half that in our bay. !

I'm not ready foe Christmas yet, I'm having keyhole surgery in my kneck to release trapped nerves in a few weeks time first.

·
Trusted Advisor
129,039 Posts
G'day folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

I hope things go well with your surgery! Sounds like it could be a pain in the neck! (Sorry!)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts

Thanks,
Yes it has been a 'pain in the neck' :)
I've had it getting worse for 30 years now, & although it may fix the effects on head & arms, I think it will mean more restriction in neck movement with the fusion,
just hoping it will help with other activities & sleeping.(y)

·
Registered
14,113 Posts
"allo folks!

Yvonne, sorry to hear of your condition, but I can relate.
Lately the arm has been going sort of tingly numb, depending on the position of my head and shoulder...and it certainly does affect sleep when one wishes to be in a certain position.
Amazing what a difference just a few millimeters can make as one tries to adjust.

Hope you come out well from the procedure and you'll not be in any pain.
But if needed, tell 'em to give you the good stuff ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Thanks Randy, :)

It's best to get it done whilst there aren't other health problems making surgery risky.

Yes I'm having problems with sleeping positions also, so hope that improves too.

·
Trusted Advisor
129,039 Posts
G'day folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Well, Thanksgiving has passed. Time to take the Halloween/autumn/Thanksgiving decorations down and set up for Christmas. It'll be about two weeks before I get the tree, but everything else will be set and I'll leave a big gaping hole to be filled at that point ... No plastic trees for me!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts

Yes people are certainly getting their decorations up here, it won't be long before we see cars cruising around in the evening to show their children.

Hope you get a lovely Christmas tree this year.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Evening all
YM I hope your surgery goes well (if it has not already).
I've been watching "Golf" the Australia Open from the "Sand Belt" clubs - I assume near you. Looks a little warmer but the did mention all the rain you've received.

We're getting up and down temps - snow one day, warm rain and then cold again. Nothing on the ground here now.

There appears to be a shortage of Christmas trees this year... according to some reports... as a result of tree farms being shut down during the Covid years. (or its just another scam to raise prices). I usually get a cheapy around this weekend.

Speaking of scams WOW "Tis the season" there are so many fake email coming in this time of years requesting your credit cards for no existing products which they say we owe for. In addition fake website for major box stores like Home Depot are popping up in Google searches - I almost got taken. Also hackers again are requesting access to your computers to help solve no existent problems. I'm having trouble trying to convince my customers to never allow anyone access to your computers.

As I said its the season.. Black Fridays (no deals) and just scams. Watch your self.

I just put another pot on for those inclined, and served up a couple of cold Coke zero's at the bar for others - Mark.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts

Hi Jim, :)

Thanks for the drinks. (y)

Sounds like Winter is setting in, maybe a White Christmas. hope you get a nice tree.
We've had a our coldest & wetest Spring in 30 years, & now getting our firdt few days over 30C.

I wasn't taken in by Black Friday sales, but it just shows you how much the prices are usually bumped up for profit.
Speaking of scams they're everywhere now, I've been getting phone calls from India call centres, when there's silence then a click I hang up,
but they try to retaliate by ringing non stop into the evening. :mad:

We drove past the golf course yesterday & there were parked cars & traffic signs everywhere.

I go in for the op on Monday, I'll be glad to get it over and done with, but the recovery will be a bit slow.

4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts