Tech Support Guy banner
4401 - 4420 of 4437 Posts

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Hi Randy, :)

They don't have a perfume I can smell, but they do have some nectar at the base of the flowers as they open up & the bees & Noisy Miners have discovered it, & now the Lorikeets have noticed the attraction & pull the petals off to get to it. :rolleyes:

I have a Euphorbia with large green flower heads that stinks if taken indoors & seems to attract blowflies.

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Hey Yvonne,
sounds like you might need a Scarecrow from time to time :)
I had to look up Noisy Miners, but have heard of Lorikeets, and they are bursting with color and wouldn't want to scare them away...too pretty!

Each Spring some wild Hyacinths spring up here and there, the fragrance is amazing.
But taking some inside they don't last longer than a day. And I don't know how to propagate them outside. It's just natures way, I reckon.
I even thought about putting some crime tape around them so they wouldn't get mown over ;)

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Hi Folks, :)

Hi Randy, :confused:

Yes the Noisy Miners have become a pest, first the Indian Mynas drove Sparrows out of our area, then the Noisy ones drove out the Blackbirds, we even had an Eastern Spinebill visiting our garden, now we just have Magpies, Parrots & Miners, not to mention Pigeons from a breeder a block away.

Have you thought of trying to dig up the Hyacinths with the bulbs & trying to transplant them ?

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Mother Nature is putting on a nice light show for us tonight! Plenty of rain to accompany it ...

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Mornin' folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Autumn can't come soon enough for me! ;-)

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Evening alll.... trying to find my way around these new digs.
So far not too bad.

I'm wondering if they change the coffee in here as well. I'll put the new pots on and away we go.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Hey Jim! Good to see ya, bud!

It is finally starting to cool off in the evenings here. It was just under 70 this morning when I put the dog out.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Hi Harry, :)

Great to see you pop in, (y)
Hope you're keeping fairly well these days.

Those coffee machines look great, although I don't drink much coffee myself,
I was hinting at TSG coffee shop.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Mornin' folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Hiya Harry!

Hope all is going well with everyone! I am expecting to be a great-grandfather by the end of the week. I'm too young for this! ;-)

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Hi Folks, :)

Evening Mark, :)

That will be a terrific milestone Mark, hope everything goes well with the new arrival.

I won't even be a grandmother, my daughter has never left home. ;)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Mornin' folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Hiya Harry!

Hope all is going well with everyone! I am expecting to be a great-grandfather by the end of the week. I'm too young for this! ;-)
I was a great grandfather at 62, I'm now 70, be 71 Oct. 4th. :oops:

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Mornin' folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Bill, I have a very dear friend who shares a birthday with you.

Warming up here again. Looking forward to autumn! (Starts Thursday here.)

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Mornin' folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Hiya Harry!

Mark - get over it... you are too young!!

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Hi ya folks!
While you folks seem to be OK, generally speaking, with the new "look and feel" of
Look at me me...
They've given me a number and taken away my name...
:(

4401 - 4420 of 4437 Posts