Tech Support Guy banner
4361 - 4380 of 4437 Posts

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Good afternoon folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Yes, I will be real glad when summer's gone. I've never been a big fan of the heat!

Randy, I love those kind of storms! Middle of the night, though, I typically miss 'em. I can sleep through just about anything!

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Randy, I love those kind of storms!
Me too, as long as they don't damage anything ;)

Only one thunder clap today, but no rain here...
Soo... I sent the Boy out for some errands, and in town drenching ensued.
He came back exclaiming the run off was ~6 inches above his sandals in the parking lot.
So you see why I sent him ;)

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Hi Folks, :)

Evening Mark, :)
Storms usually wake me, but I can sleep through the garbo's truck emptying the bins. :)

Hi Randy, :)

A good job you had the Boy to run errands there, sounds like he needed gumboots. :)

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Yvonne and gum boots and garbo's truck! :)
I think you folks are just making things up to make it easier to talk with one another :D
The Never Never and whatnot...

Actually I'm a fan of the mystique surrounding the American perception of Aussie dialect...

uh, which means, I've seen Paul Hogan and some nature shows...
:embarrassed:

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Evening all

Summer is going fast - coming up on Aug 1st. I like the in-between temps like May June and September October.
With the heat here as well - storms are popping up a lot. We just had a doozzy on Sunday.. I love watching the lightning what a light show. Its dry here - I assume you guys need some water as well.

YM - springs coming for you soon.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts

Hi Randy, :)

I also told an English friend not to forget to take her thongs to the beach on a hot day,
she was a little gobsmacked & didn't know that's what we call their flip flops. ;)

Hi Jim, :)

I prefer Spring & Autumn these days also, I think it has something to do with getting older. ;)

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Evening all
Interesting when we were kids we called them "Thongs" too. Now its just sandals OR flip flops.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
G'day folks.

Good evening Yvonne.

Just a lot of heat and humidty here. They keep warning of showers, but they rarely materialize. Overcast today, which is fine by me, but it doesn't really keep the temps down much ...

·
Registered
17,336 Posts

I don't like humidity either,
hopefully the days will get cooler for you in a few weeks, we are finally getting a few days in the mid teens here & a bit more sunshine.:)

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
I also told an English friend not to forget to take her thongs to the beach on a hot day,
she was a little gobsmacked & didn't know that's what we call their flip flops. ;)
As Dotty (from the UK) once told me, "We both speak English but we don't speak the same language.":)

Scarecrows don't wear thongs, but flip flops are needed to get back to the barn :D

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Hi guys and gals!

Mark asked me (in a game thread) to ask the elves in the back yard tree to make some scones...
I spoke with Mr Keebler, (that grumpy old SOB) but he was kind enough to provide scones for all! :)

Have a G'day or Evenin' :)

Food Tableware Cake Recipe Ingredient

·
Trusted Advisor
127,433 Posts
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

We had a brief storm pass through this morning, then another just a few minutes ago. A little thunder, a little rain, a little wind. Y'know the routine ... ;-)

·
Registered
17,336 Posts

More lovely scones thanks Randy. :)

One storm after another there,
we are in for a week of rain here, will be looking forward to more sunshine.

·
Registered
13,844 Posts
Howdy Yvonne, and all you other folks in the Northern hemisphere ;)

Thunder down under, for about an hour, but not a drop of rain, until I took a nap, then it poured.
Made the nap better ;)
But it was more than expected, tree limb thicker than my thigh, bigger and longer came down ( could have damaged a car) and a dead tree came down taking out a live tree too!

Hmm...I thought I heard something whilst napping >snore<
:)

4361 - 4380 of 4437 Posts