Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posts and question moved from All Other Software on recommendation of Senior Member BP936:

I have two questions...
and more importantly...

2. When trying to format a CD, a pop-up appears that says "Your user account settings will not allow you to perform this operation. You must be designated as a computer administrator to format this disc. Consult your system administrator or the Windows Help file for information on changing your user account." I am the only user on this computer plus I am already the "computer administrator. I can't find anywhere to change any settings for burning discs on my user account either. Help!
2: This seems to be a "bug" (undocumented feature?) in the DLA software. That's why I came to this form, to see, after nearly two months, if the experts have come across this, but I see no replies. :rolleyes: [Likely, my fault, for continuing the thread in the wrong forum!]

When I'm running as Administrator, and then try to reformat a disc already in use, my DLA installation tells me, also, that I'm not the Administrator and refuses to proceed. [Note, the disc must be in use and previously formatted. Unformatted discs work as expected.]

Perhaps one of the moderators could jump in here, if none of the other forum members reply? Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Anyone have a remedy? Is it a bug in DLA, or can something be set/reset on the OS so DLA will respond as expected?:confused:

I would like this function to work, because at this point, DLA is supposed to do a special survey of any weak spots on the disc and map them to prevent data loss. Optical discs need all the help they can get.:D

The only work-around I've found is to fire-up your regular optical disc burning program, erase the disc (full erase, I suppose, for good measure), mount the disc and then DLA sees it as a blank disc and asks if you want to format it and obviously "Yes" should be the response.

System Info:
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Roxio Sonic DLA 5.2.0
Samsung SH-S182M_SB06
Mount Rainier compatibility: Yes
All comments relate to DLA operation with -MRW formatted discs.

If any other forum members can answer point number 2, most appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.