Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Thunderbird and have HostGator handling my mail. If I use Thunderbird to send mail, nothing gets there. This has been going on for weeks. If I send gmail via Thunderbird, it fails. If I use GMail's web mail, it gets there every time.

If I use TBird to send through my HostGator service (@AxxxExxxxxxx.com), it rarely makes it through. I have made no changes to TBird in months.

So, there seems to be two common things: TBird and my ISP.

Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
44,269 Posts
Check your email with black lists for one, but it sounds more an issue with Thunderbird and your send accounts. Assuming you are using IMAP for your accounts, I would suggest removing them all, then only have your G-Mail account (by setting up with the G-Mail option) and see if you still have issues. If you do, then check with your ISP for the port that G-Mail is using.

If you do not want to do that, and you don't use the native client, use Windows Mail and set up your G-Mail account in that. If it works fine, then more than likely Thunderbird is the cause and a reinstall is on the cards.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your email with black lists for one, but it sounds more an issue with Thunderbird and your send accounts. Assuming you are using IMAP for your accounts, I would suggest removing them all, then only have your G-Mail account (by setting up with the G-Mail option) and see if you still have issues. If you do, then check with your ISP for the port that G-Mail is using.

If you do not want to do that, and you don't use the native client, use Windows Mail and set up your G-Mail account in that. If it works fine, then more than likely Thunderbird is the cause and a reinstall is on the cards.
How do I check for blacklists?

I use POP3

By the way, anything I send from to myself via Thunderbird to any other address I have in Thunderbird, it all gets there.

·
Super Moderator
44,269 Posts
If you have Windows 10, then it's just called Mail. I refer to it as Windows Mail.

So to confirm if you have [email protected] and [email protected] in Thunderbird, then you can send to each other, but if you send out to say techguy.org on either one then it looks like it goes but does not get to the destination?

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have Windows 10, then it's just called Mail. I refer to it as Windows Mail.

So to confirm if you have [email protected] and [email protected] in Thunderbird, then you can send to each other, but if you send out to say techguy.org on either one then it looks like it goes but does not get to the destination?
Correct, no error message at all. It appears it was sent normally and the only way I discover there is anything wrong is when the recipient tells me. In troubleshooting, I have since sent over a hundred test mails; maybe about ten have gotten through.

As for Mail in Windows 10, I cannot find it in any of my menus. I do find C:\program files\Windows Mail\ folder but there are only three files in it, wab.exe, wabimp.dll and wabmig.exe, all related to only the address book. I don't do any better in the Users folder.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Have you tried removing your Gmail account and adding it again in Thunderbird? Often, doing this resolves sending issues. Also, it is important to ensure the outgoing mail account settings are up to date if Gmail has made any such changes. You should verify that the HostGator service is not blocking the outgoing emails, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts