Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung m510 phone, which comes with a micro sd card for storing music/pictures etc. When I put the Micro SD card into the adapter and put it into my laptop, it always asks me if I want to format it. If I say no, nothing happens, if I say yes, it tells me the disk cannot be formated. I put it back in the phone and formatted it from there just fine, but when I return it to the laptop I get the same error again.
I called my service provider, and at first they told me they sent that the micro SD card was not compatible with my laptop or windows xp and they said I should call oder support to ask for the correct one. When I did, they told me that I had the correct one that is supposed to come with the phone, and that I should contact Microsoft to see if its a problem with Windows XP. Microsoft won't help me unless I pay them(!), and they directed me to Dell since thats where I got my Laptop. But I can't get through to them, so I've come here instead:)

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? When inserted, I get the "found new hardware" message, and the drive shows up in My Computer. But I cannot access it no matter what I do. Am I missing a certain driver? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Have you got any other equipment like a camera, digital photo frame or MP3 player that the new card is compatible with and that you know works with your laptop? If so, you could try loading the card into that equipment to see whether XP will recognise it from that source. Alternatively, USB card readers are very cheap and you might consider getting one. Is it possible to connect the phone to the laptop and thus read the card without having to remove it from the phone?
If you haven't updated XP to Service Pack 2 (SP2) doing that might help.
Good luck! :up:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.