Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot open IE. Nothing I click on will open it Also in Control Panel, if I try and click on Internet Options nothing happens. This may have started when IE 7 was automatically installed by Windows Update, but I have uninstalled it so I assume I have IE6 now but that hasn't helped. I did notice that in Windows Update history that an update to IE7 was automatically installed on Jan. 11 after I uninstalled IE7. Does that mean I still have IE7? Since I can't go there I can't find out but I am able to use the web.
I am also unable to print an e mail but can print it if I go first to Print Preview.

I have Windows XP and have talked to Dell about this but they were unable to help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
NonsavvySusie said:
I cannot open IE. Nothing I click on will open it Also in Control Panel, if I try and click on Internet Options nothing happens. This may have started when IE 7 was automatically installed by Windows Update, but I have uninstalled it so I assume I have IE6 now but that hasn't helped. I did notice that in Windows Update history that an update to IE7 was automatically installed on Jan. 11 after I uninstalled IE7. Does that mean I still have IE7? Since I can't go there I can't find out but I am able to use the web.
I am also unable to print an e mail but can print it if I go first to Print Preview.

I have Windows XP and have talked to Dell about this but they were unable to help.
Tried a system restore before IE 7 was automatically downloaded and installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did do a system restore but it may have been a later date. I will go back and look at the history and see if I can do that. Will I lose all my postings on Quicken do you know?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im not to sure to be honest with you.

Is there a way to back it up? put it onto a external HD or burn it to a CD/DVD just to be on the save side.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do a data backup on Quicken and then a system restore. If System Restore blows out some of your Quicken data with it you can load the latest data from your backup. Keep that backup on a USB key, CD or floppy. (System Restore isn't supposed to mess with things like Quicken data, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.