·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows XP Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600
ABIT AW9D-MAX Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
RAIDMAX RX-630A ATX12V/ EPS12V 630W Power Supply
BFG Tech BFGR88640GTSE GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Now, after updating drivers and whatnot, I plug in my headset into the side-panel jacks and turn on some music. That's where my first problem was...with my old mobo and the onboard sound I got much more volume out of it...although maybe slightly less quality. Even turning the volume up all the way on my headset (has volume control), in system, in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, I still can't get much volume. Having all those turned all the way up gave me enough volume to listen to music comfortably.

If I turn all the equalizer options (bar graph thing) up, I get a LOT more volume, but it seems a bit distorted even at lower levels. My other problem is that I can not get the mic port to work at all. Even when I plug the mic into the card itself at the back of the comp, nothing happens. Realtek manager shows that it's connected, and I have all mic options un-muted, I can not get any sound to carry through.

One last thing. When I plug the headphone line cord into the card itself, the sound gets even more quite than it was with the side-panel plug. Any ideas?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for desperation.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, last bump before I start looking desperate.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe 8 months is long enough in between bumps. I fixed the mic problem (not sure how), but the sound is still rediculously quiet. In vista, with the exact same hardware, the sound is excellent.

Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.