Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for any and all help. Here are some quick details to set the stage for this help thread:

-I am using a Sony DCR-TRV120 Digital Handycam.
-Here are a few of my system specs:

Operating System: WinXP SP2
CPU Speed: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz
Harddrive space: 120GB & 40GB
RAM Memory: 1024 MBytes

Now, for my problem. I was recently able to capture some video (one hour and thirty minutes worth or so), but when I played it back on my computer, the first part of it seemed fine, I could hear it and see it (the video seemed to freeze a tiny bit though), but not too far into the video file the audio disapeared. I have since deleted that file, so I can't give specific details on that anymore.

Anyway, I am now trying to capture again, and nothing I use seems to be doing the job. Windows Moive Maker wont even load for me, it freezes and it's a pain in the butt to get it to shut down. I am trying to use WinDV right now, but I get an error that says "Error: Can't find DV output pin". I have tired using Vegas Video 3.0, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything either, I just have a black screen shown, and nothing is actually being recorded to my computer. I've also tried to use some sort of Nero program, I forget the name of it right now, but it's doing the same thing as Vegas Video.

When I plug my camera into my computer and turn it on, I DO get the box asking me which program to use with it, so I know that my computer is connecting to it. It's just when I try to do anything, capture, watch the video, ANYTHING, nothing is working at all.

I have captured video to my computer in the past, and it's worked fine. I have no clue why I'm having such a hard time right now when I really need to work with this, heh. I guess that's just how it works out.

I'm all ears now, I've tried to give as much information as possible so far to help get this started. Just tell me what to do, and I'll get right on it and respond right away. I'll be checking this thread over the next few hours before I go to bed, since I need to figure this out soon, so my responses will be very quick tonight. Again, thanks for any help offered, and let's figure this thing out. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am capturing via firewire, and no my computer hasn't really changed.

I finally got it to work in Vegas Video last night, but I didn't caputure over 18 minutes of video, which is where the sound problem was coming into play (the other problem I was having).

You can close this thread, and I'll start a different one since the main issue I was having which prompted me to start this thread, has been solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.