Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WORKING ON A DIFFERENT SYSTEM THAN MINE AND ENDED DOING A FORMAT ON C: ON A NORMAL START UP ALL I'M GETTING IS VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA AND C:\> DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS ASKING FOR. ALSO CAN'T FIND THE RIGHT DRIVE LETTER. THIS SYSTEM IS AWARD/BIOS WITH WINDOWS 98. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES I HAVE MADE A START UP DISK WITH MY COMPUTER AND CAN GET INTO ALL THE OPTIONS, LIKE SAFE MODE. I DID TRY ALL THE LETTERS UP TO H. NO COMMANDS ARE WORKING ON THIS COMPUTER EXCEPT LIKE AUTOEXE AND FORMAT. DON[T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THE WORKING OF A COMPUTER, THANKS FOR GETTING BACK WITH ME

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Maybe I'm not understanding something here but if you formatted the C: drive, then it's now an empty hardrive. Windows and all of the data on the drive is gone. You need to install Windows from the CD. Is that what you want to do, install W98 on the drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THIS IS MY NEPHEW'S COMPUTER AND IT WAS NOT WORKING AT ALL WHEN HE BOUGHT IT TO ME. I FOUND A WEB PAGE AND RESET ALL THE SETTING FOR BOIS AND CAME UP WITH MISSING PARAMETERS. COULDN'T FIND AN ANSWER TO THAT SO I DID A PRIMARY PARTITION AND IT STOP AT C: ALSO NOTICE WINDOWS 98 PAGE FLASH FOR A SPILT SECOND IN BACKGROUND WHEN TURNING POWER ON. I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WOULD OF BEEN EASED. DO YOU THINK THIS WAS NOT A FULL FORMAT? HE HAS A CD CALLED BITWARE WITH DRIVERS AND STUFF. COULDN'T GET IT TO TAKE IT FOR I WAS IN DOS AND NO OTHER WAY WORKS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Hi cam740, welcome to TSG........

If you'd drop to lower case letters, it would be much easier to read your posts....

Bitware isn't going to help you until you get an operating system installed on the computer......it is natural for you to see a windows splash screen if you formatted the hard drive with a windows boot disk....you need to restart the computer, with the windows boot disk, choose cdrom support, if that is how you plan on re-installing the operating system. Do you have a windows installation cd? or floppies?

·
Registered
23 Posts
cam740- Please be aware that when you use all capital letters on a message that it signifies "shouting"!!!!!!!!
Also-please note that "BitWare", made by Cheyenne Software is an extremely good, pro, FAX program.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.