- Win2000 SP 4 all patches
- P4-- 1.6 -- 256Mb
- McAfee FW - latest
- McAfee VS - latest
- MRU Blaster
- SpyBot S&D
- System Security Suite 1.04
- HiJack This!
This has been going on for at least 6 months Came to this forum on 3/6 and got help using HiJack This! Fixed the problem for 3-4 days, but then it came back. Here it is (gleaned from McAfee F/W log.
- Start system -- assigned IP
- IP address changed to 127.0.0.1 (loopback IP)
- IP address immediately changed to what looks like a valid IP address.
- Disconnected from net
- Restart machine - cold or hot - IP assigned is the same as original good IP upon initial startup (which seems weird to me -- shouldn't it be different?)
This problem happens arbitrarily. Sometimes it does not occur for 48 hours. Sometimes it happens 5-10 times per day. Is this a trojan? Should I get a trojan remover?