Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just built a new 64 bit system, and let me state that I built it knowing the current drive limitations of 64bit. With that, I do need to have a 32Bit version of Windows installed. I currently have Windows XP x64 installed on a 160 Gb SATA drive configured as Basic with no partitions. I also have in my system a 40Gb SATA and an 80Gb ATA/133. I Would like to keep the two OSes on different drives if at all possible. Third third drive is for data storage as well as possibly a Linux drive (I was considering using GRUB as my boot loader). I Have gotten everything to install, and I know how to configure GRUB (I think). Linux booted, Windows XP x64 did and 32bit didnt. (It is XP Pro for the 32bit by the way). The 32bit windows was installed on the 40Gb SATA configured as Basic.

I can do fresh installs of everything, my system is so new I would not loose anything that wouldnt be easily replaced.

I do not need the Linux, but I would like to have it for program scripting if it is at all possible. Any further help in how I might expand to more OSes In the future (I would like to at some point try Gentoo for AMD64) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.