Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone and everyone!

Recently received a call from friend who asked if I sent an email with attachment with re: "More info in attach". To which I replied, noooooo. (I was out of town and only just came home within last 20 minutes). He then told me to run all the spyware stuff as he suspected that my computer might be infected. (the attachment was EVIL!!!!) I, being a good girl and have been pretty meticulous about running and updating Adaware SE (weekly at min) Spybot S&D (daily) and sometimes running Panda activescan. All showed negative. For kicks I ran Stinger (negative) and Spyware Blaster (also negative). All my "shots" are up to date. Question I have is this, how did my email address get hijacked (spoof might be a better term in this case) and sent to someone I know? (I admit the email server is yahoo but my friend's is not). Had my email spoofed and sent to totally unknown people who then send me the irate "leave me alone" letter. Is there anyway to track down these nasty varmints and hang them like garbage? Ok maybe a little excessive but would love to do the track down and let them know I know who they are and better knock it off. I thought there was a way of translating the full headers but I would like the speed version of translating language.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Dawnmms

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.