Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transferring PSU's

793 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Onzlo 
#1 ·
Hello
I currently have a DELL E521, I am thinking of buying an "Antec 900 two case and new motherboard. If I do this will the PSU from the DELL E521 fit into the new "Antec 900 two" ATX case?

#2 ·
It should however why would you want to???

Dells ship with a pw supply that is just enough to pw the system as shipped. I would really really go with a quality pw supply from corsair, seasonic, FSP, or other quality mfg.

Post the exact specs of the system you are building, and we can make a recommendation for the pw supply.

#3 ·
I Am thinking of Purchasing ---

Case - ANTEC 900 two
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H AM2+

Transferring From the DELL E521

-PSU - 305 watt(Dell Brand)
- CPU -AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00GhZ
- 2.00GB of Ram (Cosair) DDR2

And Whatever Else needs to be Transferred Inc - Heat sink, Hard Drive, Floppy Drive and DVD Drive.

If this works I will slowly add on to this new one that I will build after it has been complete such as Quad Core CPU And 500watt PSU.
This is why I want to know Wether most stuff will transfer Into a ATX case from the DELL such as PSU.
Thankyou For the help.

#4 ·
OK, I still think you do not understand. The dell shipped with a pw supply that is just enough for the system it powers no more. You are changing motherboards AND the antec case most likely has more fans than a dell case.

If you use the dell pw supply, you are asking for a problem.

#6 ·
A 450W corsair is fine as long as you do not go with a high end video card like nvidia 260, 275, etc or an ati 48xx type card. If you do intend to install something like that, then go with a more powerful corsair psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.