Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old PC with Kodak easyshare software on it with all my pictures about 214, I want to transfer them to my new one. the old one has a CD burner. My new one has windows vista home basics, the old one has windows XP Pro, can someone please tell me how I can transfer them. my old PC cannot connect to the internet any more, I tried to burn a CD but it didn't work, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Buy (or borrow) an inexpensive memory stick that plugs into a USB and copy pictures to it (just like copying to a disk) CTL and C to copy/ CTL and V to paste.
In MY COMPUTER find the memory stick letter (probably E or F drive) right click on that and choose EJECT (THIS FINALIZES THE TRANSFER AND PREPARES STICK TO BE SAFELY REMOVED.)
Plug the memory stick in the new PC and copy/paste pictures to the folder you choose-EJECT the stick as you did before.
Note memory sticks are now available for $4 to $20 depending on size, and are extremely useful for passing photos to friends.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Does your CD burner usually work? It might be just a matter of bypassing EasyShare. If you haven’t moved the pictures they should be in Documents and Settings > All Users > Shared Documents > Shared Pictures > Kodak. Send the Kodak shared pictures folder to the burner and it should record.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to thank everyone for your help I transfered my pictures using my CD burner it worked just fine. All my pictures are now on my new PC.Again thanksfor the help. bigtom62:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.