Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend who's had a lot of problems with her e-mail. Finally got it mostly straightened out, but she now has two identities, only one of which is able to send and receive mail. It happens to be the one with the most messages, which is good. I've tried setting up a sub-account on Verizon Central (she has Verizon DSL) that uses the e-mail address and password of the account that's not working, but it still doesn't work. She does not really need two identities anyway, so we were thinking the best way to solve the issue is to import all the messages (about 100) from the non-working account to the working account. How can that be done?

·
Retired Moderator
14,171 Posts
Hi DKTaber

Start Outlook Express with the Identity you want to keep:
File > Import > Messages > Microsoft Outlook Express 6 > Next
Select/highlight the old Identity to Import it into the new Identity.
OK > Next > Next > Finish

Let us know if that works for you or not.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EAFiedler said:
Hi DKTaber

Start Outlook Express with the Identity you want to keep:
File > Import > Messages > Microsoft Outlook Express 6 > Next
Select/highlight the old Identity to Import it into the new Identity.
OK > Next > Next > Finish

Let us know if that works for you or not.
Boy, do I feel stupid. I've never needed to perform an operation like that and only looked for "export" in OE Help, which mentions nothing about exporting messages from OE to OE. It boggles my mind that I can live with a program as long as I've lived with OE and not have come across this. I will do it when I have a chance to go over to my friends house. I'm sure it will work, but will let you know if it doesn't. Many thanks, EA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.