Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer became infected with something, and I had to use system restore to take it to an earlier date just to allow me to download Spyware Doctor and its database (in addition to whatever else it was doing, my computer kept rebooting every 20-45mins). Doing so seemed to fix most of the problems, but my scans aren't coming back clean.

I use the free version of Avira Antivirus program and it specifically mentioned TR/Crypt.XPAC.Gen. I've had both Spyware Doctor and Avira fix the problems they find, then rerun the scans, and the second scans come back clean. But when I run the scans again later, they are no longer clean so I know they are missing something. My computer is running very slowly now and I don't know what to do to completely get rid of this problem.

Any advice? Thank you for your time! Oh, just in case you need to know, I'm on Windows XP, and I'm using a dell computer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.