Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm back for yet another round of Total Computer Meltdown.

My computer I believe on Saturday Crashed..not was wiped but was crashed in a way. I ended up dumping ALOT of files, and for the past year the .DLL files that help run the computer have either been failing or have been corrupted, I do believe that's the reason the situation i'm in is happening.

I got on the computer and found out that when the computer crashed and I tried to restore it that Rundll32.exe file is missing/can't be found on the computer.

In ajunction to that the PNCRT.DLL file is still missing, as well as Paint.

I don't know what to do, I'm slowly bringing back a few files to the computer so that mom doesn't have a coniption on me. But I really need help and I need it ASAP because I want to be able to fix something that isn't even my fault.

I'm thinking about asking mom to get an all new computer, we've had to get new backboards, new memory cards, a new monitor, new Harddrives, new Ports and Cables, everything. the computer itself is a few years old.. maybe 6 or 7. But with the maintanece we give it??

But I digress please can anybody help me figure out what's wrong with the computer and how to fix it????

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello Tanya, What kind of computer do you have and what is your Operating system. Are you using win 95, 98 or what let us know

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows ME. Umm I'm not sure if it's a full version or not. We got it from the person who built the computer for us.

We don't have a CD but we have 2 start up disks that have full info for Windows ME if that's any help.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Should these two threads be merged? Tanya, is this a duplicate posting? Since you started the virus thread AFTER you started this one.....

Is this the same computer? I'm assuming so.......

And we'll excuse the fact that you're a blonde....... ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really think it should be merged. I've been trying to get help on the Rundll32.exe file since...sometime this morning.

I started the Virus checker over in the Internet/Security Section just a while ago. I'm trying to get help from both..but I think once I get rid of the Virus..then maybe It'll fix the file i thought was dumped. So maybe this one could be deleted, closed or something. Since apparently a problem that I thought was separate was in all actually the same problem in two different lights.

I'm sorry if I caused any problems. I was just trying to get rid of the virus but also fix the dll file (and try to find a few things)

You can close this Thread because from what I've been reading the Trojan Virus has screwed up the Run file...so well I guess by coincidence they are the same subject.

So feel free to either merge, or close this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.