Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Have You Had The Same Experience with Current Toshiba Laptops ?

• No, I've had excellent Tech Support from Toshiba

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Toshiba's Tech Support is no worse than any other PC vendor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My experience with Toshiba Tech Support is similarly bad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • My experience with Toshiba Tech Support is even worse than described here.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sorry that I ever bought a Toshiba Laptop. Their "India based" call center, (it doesn't deserve to be called "Tech Support"), is one of the sorriest excuses I've ever experienced. Their answer to EVERYTHING is "reformat the hard disk". And guess, what ? Even after that the problems persist.

Problem #1) RUN AWAY MOUSE: The mouse on this thing routinely zooms off the screen causing the insertion point to be moved as well. Trying filling out a form and all of a sudden your filling in the blank of someother box. Toshiba's answer: " REFORMAT THE HARD DISK.

Problem #2) LOST NETWORK CONNECTION: For no reason my broadband connection to the internet is lost and the only way to restore it is to close every program and reboot the computer. This happens 2-3 times per day, resulting in much down time. Toshiba's answer; "REFORMAT THE HARD DISK".

Then, to add insult to injury, Toshiba has an equally sorry on-line "Expert System" that God forbid if you don't know the exact word and the precise spelling you'll never find an answer. Then the final kick in the *#( is they send you to a CompuServe forum to post your requests and hope and pray someone will respond.

So my advice is that if you're in the market for a laptop, screw Toshiba unless you want them to "screw you"..... and to screw you ROYAL !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hear ya, its pointless even trying to get assistance from them. I am using this tech forum instead of toshiba tech support. Maybe this site should be renamed Tech support guy + new toshiba support centre for those already on the verge of breakdown.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Welsome to the modern world of PC manufaturer tech support. Go to Best Buy once and you will get the same response from American tech support kids.

All of your problems seem to be virus or spyware related and not hardware related. This forum is here for the exact purpose of helping you sort this sort of thing out. A little troubleshooting prior to calling India may have been in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.