Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a bit of $$$ to throw around at the moment, and i was wondering what are the top ten games going around for my system specs?
My system Specs are:
Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
Either 1gb or 1.5 gb DDR 400 RAM
Nvidia 6600 GT 128mb
400W system power
2x160 wd hhd
jetway 350DMs motherboard
and a 7.1 surround sound blaster on the way from ebay

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ive heard alot of good things about Fallen...Havent played it though.

·
Registered
14,673 Posts
I haven't bought a new game in quite awhile. Oblivion was the last one I picked up. It is an OK game.

I get too much of the blahs to game much right now.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Can't give you 10 but here's my last 3 faves
1. Oblivion
2. F.E.A.R.
3. Call of Duty 2

all have great gameplay and graphics that will push your rig (Oblivion in particular .. you'll have to give up some graphics quality to get that running playably ... is that a word/ ... on a 6600

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
Skivvywaver said:
It isn't new, but if you don't have Farcry you are missing out also.
If you like FPSes, that is. :p
But yeah, nothing better than the Hawaiian shirt. :D

If you like Myst games, there's, of course, Myst V: End of Ages, which is, admittedly, from 2005, not 2006.

·
Registered
14,673 Posts
JEBWrench said:
If you like FPSes, that is. :p
But yeah, nothing better than the Hawaiian shirt. :D

If you like Myst games, there's, of course, Myst V: End of Ages, which is, admittedly, from 2005, not 2006.
I am just getting into them. I have played my NFS games to death. :p I either start playing the FPS games I have or repeat for the gazzilionth time a NFS game.

NFSMW has been played through at least 3 times already. After you beat a game it just isn't as thrilling the next time out.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
Y'all need NASCAR SimRacing. :p

And as aside to Skiv: Look into System Shock and System Shock 2 if you ever have the FPS itch again.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
o.0 said:
:down: :down: = Þ
:p

Hey, I'm free to enjoy and suggest racing games.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh, i have medal of honour allied assault, bf2, CS, sims 2, age of empires 3 they are all great:up: :up: :up:

Thanks for the tips on the games, in looking to either get call of duty 2 or far cry, or both :p :p

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Excellent gameplay, huge maps, killer graphics. This is much better than the original Battlefront (which also is amazing) since they added space fighter combat. It's like a FPS/Flight combo game. Lots of user-made maps are now available too, so the game is constantly evolving, for both mutli- and single-player.

Definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:
Jones said:
I'm a huge fan of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Excellent gameplay, huge maps, killer graphics. This is much better than the original Battlefront (which also is amazing) since they added space fighter combat. It's like a FPS/Flight combo game. Lots of user-made maps are now available too, so the game is constantly evolving, for both mutli- and single-player.

Definitely worth checking out.
I agree with jones, i have played a couple of star wars games on xbox, not sure whcih ones tho:p but tehy were very enjoyable, being able to fly space craft and all is very rewarding in a video game up:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Black mirror is a suspense game and to me you cant play it more then once. Nothing new to do. You dont really get your money's worth I think. But dont get me wrong its a cool game.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
DO NOT BUY EA'S NASCAR SIM RACING!!! :down: :down:

This is coming from a NASCAR fan, as you can tell by my name.

That game is HORRIBLE. I tried the demo too and it was aweful. Not a simulation AT ALL.

If you want a good NASCAR game, go see if you can find NASCAR Racing 2003 Season by Papyrus on Ebay or something. Now adays it is going from anywhere between $80-$300 on some sites... EA bought out the NASCAR rights and the branch that made the game shut down.

It is still by far the best NASCAR game out there... plus with all the mods (you can race IRL/open wheel, almost all the NASCAR divisions, short track racing, some winged sprint cars, etc.) and updates to the 2006 season, it still is pretty up to date (although the new points system is not in there).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.