Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new mcafee virus scan on my computer and have had nothing but trouble since. even when a try and play free cell the game is all scrambled ,if I hit help it tells me not enough ram is available to run this game. My system has 128 mb of ram. Someone told me to go to www.memburbo.com and this program would recover lost ram on my system. I did and it told me I had 3% available ram left, Iran the program and it told me I had 34% available now, but the game still wont run , what would cause all of my ram to be used up and how do I fix this. help thanks

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I tell you what I'd do.... & its what I did too......I uninstalled the McAfee totally & Got AVG... its a free virus scanner & its very good...it will scan your system on boot up & will also cover your e-mail ( outlook express )

go to AVG here! to get the download after you uninstall it McAfee...

It wouldn't hurt a thing if you downloaded Ad-Aware and ran a scan for spyware either. Spyware clogs the system up & will drain resources.
You may get it by clicking here!

also... How many things do you have in your startup... you may need to take some of them out. Another thing is consider getting more RAM.. Ram has never been any cheaper than it is right now.

Savvy :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.