Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To many parameters/No C D rom

619 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JERRAY 
#1 ·
Windows 98 SE when i boot pc Too many parameters message and my C D
Rom will not read.
Does any one have some Ideas on my problem.?Any and all help welcome.
JERRAY.

#2 ·
Run Msconfig. Select the General tab and click on selective Startup. Clear the boxes for Load Config.sys and Load Autoexec.bat. Click Apply, then Ok, restart the computer when prompted.

Both the Config.sys and the Autoexec.bat are legacy files and are not needed to run Windows.

Also click on System in the Control Panel and select the Device Manager tab. Scroll down to CD_ROM and double click on it. Remove the Device therein and restart the computer.

Windows will redetect the device and load the drivers thereby.

#3 ·
Thanks JSNTGRVR.
Followed your suggestions on TOO MANY PARAMETERS NO CD.I still have my parameters problem.I found out I needed a new C D oh well replaced.Now along with
my parameters, I can not down load my any up dates from microsoft I get to the
download and it stops.can you suggest.Thanks Again. JERRAY.

#6 ·
JSntgRvr said:
Run Msconfig. Select the General tab and click on selective Startup. Clear the boxes for Load Config.sys and Load Autoexec.bat. Click Apply, then Ok, restart the computer when prompted.

Both the Config.sys and the Autoexec.bat are legacy files and are not needed to run Windows.

Also click on System in the Control Panel and select the Device Manager tab. Scroll down to CD_ROM and double click on it. Remove the Device therein and restart the computer.

Windows will redetect the device and load the drivers thereby.
Did you cleared both the Config.sys and the Autoexec.bat in the configuration utility. And after doing so, you still received the "Too many parameters" error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.