Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago, all of the thumbnails on my laptop stopped appearing when I select THUMBNAILS. This is for all types of images (JPG/JPEG, GIF, BMP, etc.)

I use standard windows/microsoft programs to view images on the computer (i.e. no aftermarket products).

Can someone please help me out? This reall is a pain!

I am running a Dell Lattitude C640 on Windows 2000.

Thanks.

lennys26

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Try this
right click on any one thumbnail and choose REFRESH THUMBNAIL from the drop-down list.
or
right click on any thumbnail and choose OPEN WITH > WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER

Note there are some really great free photo editing programs out there, and playing with several to see the advantages is half the fun of pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I tried the REFRESH, but no change. And when I change the OPEN WITH selection (and apply it to ALWAYS USE.....) the only thing that changes is the image displayed in the place of the thumbnail - the icon for the respective program.

As a note, I dont have a selection to specifically refresh one thumbnail, only the REFRESH selection which refreshes the whole folder. Also, it seems that I also do not have the WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER, instead I have a Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.