Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exclamation point at com 2 ! How do i resolve this ?
try to update driver and it cannot update

my monitor is listed as a plug and play and it is in fact an HP Pavilion M50 ? Is there a cure

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, maybe if you told us what device you're truing to update? If it's the monitor drivers, I'd forget them, they're really not needed. If the monitor is listed with a code 10, try uninstalling it in Device Manager and rebooting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a similar problem. I am running Windows XP sp2. I have an Asus P5GD2-X MB that I have just updated bios on. I am trying to get an MP3 player to be recognized by my computer. I have tried iPod AND Philips...neither will work. When I plug in to the PC I get a message that the computer sees a new hardware device, but my USB port message is that the device is not recognized. When I try and instal Hardware manually, I get the message "This device cannot start'\; code 10". I have un-installed/re-installed every usb port and driver, tried updating and rolling back, as well as uninstalling, the drivers. I bought a usb 2.0 card to make sure I had 2.0. My mouse and printer both work fine through my usb...but my mp3 and my digital camera aren't recognized! I have updated everything I can think of, and exhausted all options offered by Troubleshooting help.Any suggestions???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.