Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have acquired an IBM thinkpad t30 2nd user. I want to use it occasionally to play DVDs in quiet time at work. i have updated the WM player to #10 which is the help instructions i have had out of the machine but no luck. The DVD player is a mat****a dvd rom sr8176

i dont know where to start beyond there..

help appreciated thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i am still stuck with this problem despite making enquiries at PCWORLD ( yep am that desperate) and other places. I am now getting a message on Windows MP that i need a decoder PCW says that WMP #10 should have one. I have loaded DIVX player and that doesnt let me in either. I have learnt that the mat****a is DVD-. but am told that the BBC dvd i am trying to play it would not make any difference. The WMP site keeps offering to sell me a decoder if i paid for one. If i paid for one would the problem go away or is the problem not with a decoder but the dvd drive?

Am i right in thinking tho that i really need codecs or do i need a decoder AND CODECS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.